ABOUT ME

My name is Shannen Seikhon, I was born and raised in Abbotsford, British Columbia. I grew up on a farm with my three siblings, parents, and grandma. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, travelling, and fashion! I have a passion for photography which developed at a young age. I began working as a photographer in 2014 at Sears Portrait Studio where I had the opportunity of capturing special moments for families, newborn babies, siblings, friends, etc for three years, until the photo studio had shutdown. I absolutely loved my job as a photographer and have plans to open up my own personal photography business in the near future. There is something about capturing raw, candid moments that makes me very happy. I enjoy the fact that I can look at pictures and relive that moment through that photo.

Here is a photo of my farm from my personal photography portfolio.
Here is a great shot I got of my dog Tyson! My family and I had Tyson for 11 years. Unfortunately, we had to put him down during the summer of 2020 because of his health deteriorating. However, he lived a long, full, and loving life. I was lucky enough to have created so many beautiful memories with my pal.
I love and adore animals so much! I have always had pets growing up. My family and I live on a farm so we have always kept German Shepards as they make great guard dogs. This photo here is of the newest addition to our family, Steel and I. He’s an 8 week old German Shepard puppy and we absolutely adore this little guy!
Here’s another photo of my pup Steel. He’s very photogenic and loves posing for the camera!

I have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a major in Human Resource Management. I am a people person, I enjoy meeting new people and developing strong connections. I have a variety of work experience which involves customer service and working with young children! I knew teaching was the career path for me when I volunteered in my Elementary School in 2019 and couldn’t wait to go back each day to gain that experience with students in a classroom. I enjoyed seeing students grasp onto what was being taught to them. Observing them understand the material and excited to learn more is what has prepared me for this step in my life. Seeing how eager kids are to learn has me eager to learn through the teaching program myself.

This is a photo of me at my part time job where I had the privilege of working for Highstreet Guest Services. This job was very people oriented, especially during the holiday season. In this photo I was preparing to guide both Frosty and Rudolph to the stage for the annual Holiday Christmas Show.

Travelling is a major part of my life. I have had the privilege of travelling to India a total of 6 times. This began at the young age of 7 and my most recent trip was at the age of 22. I absolutely love visiting my home in India, seeing my family there, exploring new restaurants and shopping. India is an entirely different experience from my day to day life here in Canada. It is a trip I look forward to taking as it keeps me connected to my roots and culture. Without these trips I wouldn’t be as culturally aware as I am. A majority of my travels have been to Punjab, India. However, I have also travelled to Dubai, visited family in California, and been to cities close to home such as Kelowna, and Whistler.

This is a photo of my home in Punjab, India. I absolutely love travelling to India and revisiting my family there. This home holds so many beautiful memories.