Experiences

EDEF 3100 – My Educational Timeline

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1o7Yi9OJng_9ZlcBXzgvOoX_pHfg2vOjef_dkUNqzWMI/edit?usp=sharing

This presentation was completed for EDEF 3100 and is an outline of my educational influences. EDEF 3100 helped me to explore my educational influences at a deeper level. I gained a better understanding for why I chose teaching as my career path. With this presentation for EDEF specifically, I was able to tell my story and journey of getting into this career path. This timeline outlines experiences from early 2000 to 2020. It was tough for me to choose just 10 influences as there are a few more. EDEF 3100 overall had taught me to dive into the deeper meaning of what it means to be a teacher. Tapping into the mindset of why I want to be a teacher. It made me realize that I am fortunate enough to have received a positive education and school experience. I am also lucky to have had the opportunity of learning from many people around me which includes a diverse learning community. 

BUS 407: Gender and Diversity in Organizations

The course listed above is one that I had taken during the completion of my BBA degree at the University of the Fraser Valley. This elective was one of my absolute favourite courses. I had learned a great deal of information regarding gender and diversity from this course. I strongly believe that it has helped me to better understand certain situations, experiences, and settings since taking the course. This course tells my story of teaching as it has made me passionate in regards to ensuring that I have a diverse and inclusive classroom. I have learned, in depth, about the importance of diversity. Through real life experiences that were shared amongst peers in the classroom my outlook on education and the workplace had changed significantly.

CMNS 235 – Public Speaking

Communications 235 is another course I had taken at the University of the Fraser Valley for my BBA degree. This public speaking course has been a major help in educating me on communicating in front of my peers, large groups of people, and meetings. This course had outlined tips and tricks on how to participate in public speaking effectively and successfully. Everything I had learned from this course I have carried with me going forward. Especially for when I have my own classroom with my students. I will have better control of the atmosphere and environment because of the information I had learned in this course as it is information I plan to relay onto my students when they are learning how to do public speaking presentations.